Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Issue of Stringing

I received my copy of the Spring issue of Stringing magazine in the mail last week.  I knew that it was coming and I eagerly stalked my mailbox for its arrival.  I was not disappointed.  Inside were some beautiful, bright spring creations.  There were several techniques that I want to try.  I saw a necklace by Erin Siegel that used a leather cording at the front of a necklace to hang a pendant from with two loops that connected to the beaded strand.  And I saw a necklace by Cynthia Deis that had tiny pieces of gingham ribbon tied to the beaded strands.  I had a couple of pieces chosen for the issue and feel very honored to be included among so many beautiful designs.  My necklace design was called "All Laced Up" and it has Czech glass, wood rounds and an antique gold pendant that I got from Fire Mountain Gems.  The back of the necklace is a piece of off white lace trim that I got from the fabric section of Joann's. 


I also had 2 pairs of earrings chosen for the gallery.  The first is a pair made with handmade shrink plastic charms.


And these are made with some vintage lucite lilies from the Beadin Path.


If you have not seen a copy, go and find one at your bookstore or order from Interweave.  You will not be disappointed.  The Bead Soup reveal coming up shortly and I have to get cracking on my design.  Stay tuned.

1 comment: