Monday, March 28, 2011

Mt. Dora, Florida

About a half an hour north of where I live there is a small town called Mt. Dora.  I love Mt. Dora.  They have little shops, places to eat and they are always having some sort of festival.  This weekend there was the Antique, Collectible and Craft Fair.  I went last year and did not bring enough money.  This year I did not have the same problem.  I got lots of vintage brooches to try and turn into necklaces.  I collect vintage costume brooches and clip on earrings.  I don't make things with them too often, usually it requires me breaking out my wire - and I am not very good with wire.  But, when I see pieces, I have to get them, the sparkliness calls to me.  Here's what I bought.


First up - a spoon ring, I love this.  It is from a shop called Recycled Silverware by John Atkinson.  He doesn't have a website, or I would link it.  He was super nice.


And a bracelet from the same shop, I have never found a bracelet like this that actually fits so I was super excited.



Two $5 brooches.



Two more $5 brooches.  The pearl one has a loop at the back for stringing on a necklace.



A set of clip on earrings and a matching pendant.  I think I am going to try to connect them all together.  I also bought this long necklace, I don't know if I am going to try and turn it into something, or just wear it as is.



Lots of sparkliness - this also has a loop at the back for stringing.



I have a really good idea for this one, I think if it comes out good enough I will try and send it in for consideration for the next Jewelry Affaire submission.



And the last piece.  This is my favorite.  It was more expensive then I usually pay, but I kinda needed it.  There is also a loop at the back.  I cannot wait to find beads to match this one.

That's it for me, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment: