Thursday, April 28, 2011

My handsome boy and new stuff

Today started out pretty well.  I kept sneaking over to You Tube to watch the new Harry Potter trailer.  (Yes, I am a nerd, but that is okay-I accept it.  The movie looks amazing though.)  I had to take my boy to get his haircut.  This is not a fun chore.  I kept putting it off and putting it off until finally it had to be done.  When his hair is not cut in awhile it takes on a life of its own.  Oh and did I mention he loathes getting his haircut?  Like hold him down, cry the whole time despise getting his haircut?  It went as smooth as it was going to go and then I took the traumatized child to Mc Donald's.  He wanted nothing to do with the lollipop offered as an incentive to sit and get his haircut (my child does not like candy) so something else had to be suggested as payment.

When I got home though, I did have this super duper cuteness sitting in my mailbox.  It is wrong that I only like getting the mail when I know that there will be beads in there?  These are from Tree Wings Studio.


After the boy went down for his nap, I got a chance to make a couple of things.  Which was nice, I haven't made anything all week, stuff just kept getting in the way.


A set that was made with all beads I bought on clearance.  Sale beads are my weakness.


A bracelet made with some more clearance beads and a ceramic pendant from Meltin Mudd Studio.


I got this pendant and these beads the other week at the bead show.  I keep meaning to post my goodies from the show, I just need to pull them all out.


And this lovely pendant and set of ceramic beads from Gaea.  I bought those purple beads at Michaels but I originally thought they were light blue.  They were not, but they worked out okay for this pendant.

That's all - hope everyone is having a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hate that he has such trouble getting hair cuts. . . Of course, I think he's a cutie with both hair styles.

    You're new jewelry is fabulous! They're all so great. I do like that last one the best though no matter what color they're supposed to be. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete